Wednesday, July 27, 2011

fainting couch.

The upstairs bathroom is finished! Well, except for a few little towel hooks and other odds and ends. Tomorrow I'll take some photos and post them for you. But until then, here is another fun before-and-after going on around here...

Before...


After...


Winn's dad gave us this fainting couch a few months ago. We had it restuffed and reupholstered by Barb at Fabrications in Fabric. She does nice work (and she's quick too!). I'm not entirely pleased with the end result in that the shape of it is a little different now. I wish the back part where you rest your head was a bit more pronounced as it is in the before photo. But I really like the sleek look of it, as well as the new houndstooth fabric.

1 comment:

joolee said...

oh, and here I thought you were going to give me a tutorial on reupholstering my own furniture. Was she affordable? I have a couple things I am debating having done or trying myself (gasp!) Also, my dear decorating genius of a friend......may I ask what paint brand color that blue cabinet is in the background? Beautiful!