Thursday, March 3, 2011

fantastic enchiladas.

And I do mean fantastic. And easy.

1/2 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
1 1/2 c salsa
1/2 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (I used fresh spinach because I had it on-hand)
2 t cumin
1/2 t salt
4 oz cream cheese, cubed
5 to 6 flour tortillas (we love to make our own using this tortilla mix)
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese

Heat in saucepan cooked ground beef, 1 cup salsa, spinach, cumin, salt, and cream cheese until melted/heated. Spoon 1/3 cup of filling down the center of each tortilla; roll up and place seam-down in lightly greased 8x8" baking dish. Spoon remainder of salsa over enchiladas. Bake uncovered @ 350' for 25 minutes or until hot. Add cheese on top and return to oven until melted. Serve with tortilla chips. (Makes approximately 4 servings.)


And just because I don't like to do a post without a photo, here are a couple of our other recent Emealz. Marinated pork fillets and spinach salad:


Baked tilapia topped with mango salsa and served with sweet potatoes:

2 comments:

Beth said...

Shut the trunk!!! That mango salsa tilapia looks amazing!!! And I just might have to give those enhiladas a try. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

btw-what a treat to open my Google Reader three days in a row and find a post from you! ;-)

Esther said...

sounds yummy! Think I'll add those to my next week's menu.