Saturday, February 26, 2011

the tile quest.

So we had a small delay in the bathroom redo (i.e. me not being able to find and decide on the tile for the tub/shower surround). This happens a lot, not necessarily that I can't decide on which thing but more the fact that I can't find exactly what I'm looking for. And I'm kinda particular about it. Kinda. And it just might be a source of frustration for my poor husband, who just wants to get it done.

You might think that a 1"x2" white subway metro tile is easy to find. But not when you want it to be unglazed, brick-jointed, and in just the right shade of off-white, mind you. And not if you don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it. Grrr. However...I'm happy to announce that the tile has finally been found and ordered, and we're back at it in full force! Here's a sneak peek at some of the items we chose...




Now to decide on the wall sconces...oofdah. Any input?

Option No. 1:


No. 2:


No. 3:


No. 4:


Cast your votes now!

11 comments:

AiriK said...

no. 1!!!! i LOVE your taste in things! gorgeous! can't wait to see the finished product!

miranda said...

So fun! I can't wait to see the final product! My vote is 1 or 4. Love to see your little projects.

The Tripletts said...

Based on the pictures that I've seen from the rest of your house either no.3 or 4. Love the faucet!!

Abbi said...

I vote for #1 but 2 and 4 are nice too.

Beth said...

I really like No. 4, but I also like No. 1. That's a hard decision! I hope you had some before pics. I love good before and afters!

krmccord said...

That faucet is awesome! And my vote is for #2. It's beautiful:)

Jackie said...

#1 is my vote. I love how you take your time and not just get "any ole thing". Cant wait to see the finished project.

Travis said...

I vote for number 1, I like your tile choice.

brentandsarah said...

I like #1. You have great taste!

Wisconsin Farmgirls said...

We used that faucet in two houses that we remodeled when we lived in Bemidji. I think #3 because you could add a cute burlap or rattan shade to it. Good choices! Can't wait to see it finished!
Allison

Esther said...

My vote is for 1 or 4. The bathroom is going to look so nice.