Wednesday, February 2, 2011
my cold weather 'must-haves.'
* Pulse-warmers (shown above). I wish I would have known about these years ago, especially with Raynaud's Syndrome, but I only found out about them just over a year ago when my friend Rebecca got me a pair as a Christmas gift. Apparently, if your pulse spots are warm, the rest of your body tends to be warmer too, and it really does work! I wear them around the house all the time, working at my desk, knitting, etc. I recently purchased a second pair at New York & Company, complete with thumb slots. They look easy to knit, so that might have to be my next project.
* Puffer vests. I wear these all the time in the winter.
* Heated mattress pad. We turn our mattress pad on before bed, and then the sheets are nice and toasty when it's time to slip under the covers. It has dual controls, so Winn and I can each choose our own setting. Once in bed, I usually turn my side way down or off completely.
* Down comforter.
* Heated car seats.
* Hand-warmer coffee mug. My sweet friend Jessica bought one of these for me for my birthday a couple years ago, and I love it! Instead of a handle, it has a little pocket to slip your fingers into to draw the heat from your warm drink.
* Space-heater by my desk.
* Rice bag feet-warmer, like this one and this one.
* Cuddl Duds, found here.
* SmartWool stockings, found here. I usually get a new pair of these in my Christmas stocking from Winn.