Saturday, September 11, 2010

baby britches.

If there's anything cuter than a round little baby belly, it would have to be a round little baby belly inside this vest. The Pebble pattern is so generously provided for free over at The Thrifty Knitter. With autumn coming on strong, I thought it was just the thing to knit up for our little man. For yarn I used Patons Shetland Chunky Tweeds in Earthy Brown.



Second on the cuteness scale would have to be these tiny trousers. I always love Anna Maria Horner's patterns and fabric, and her newest book Handmade Beginnings does not disappoint. The pattern for the Quick Change Trousers is just one of the many goodies found in the book. They're easy to whip up (especially in cottons and flannels) and comfy for babe.






The yoke on the back adds a fun detail.


And they're reversible, for little spills and spit-up.



Cuff the bottom, or leave them long.


And Winn's favorite side because, he says, they look like Carhartts. :)

2 comments:

Niecey said...

Oh my gosh I love the vest! I really want to learn to knit and crochet. Crochet because of an adorable hat pattern I found on etsy. hehe.

Those pants look a lot like ones my friend makes for her WAHM business. She calls them bumbadums.

Abbi said...

Your vest and pants are very cute but of course your little boy is even cuter!