Friday, July 30, 2010

photo op.

We had burgers on the grill last night, made with beef from the 1/4 cow we bought from Farmer Leckness this past winter. If you know Winn, you know that he likes things to be precise. Even his burgers. He's been looking for a burger press so that we can have perfectly round 1/3 pound burgers. So when I was running an errand at the mall this week, I noticed a new shop called "Kitchen Collections," and I ran in to look for one. And I came back out with a little surprise for Winn. And that is why we had burgers for supper last night. That and the fact that we both love a juicy cheeseburger hot off the grill on a summer evening. Especially with a side of fresh-cut pineapple.

After finishing our meal at the picnic table, we sat and enjoyed the evening air, Shep napping upstairs in the nursery. The Golden Girls had waddled out of their coop and were pecking around for bugs. I noticed how pretty they looked next to the purple flowers alongside the barn and went to get my camera.



But as I started walking over to the hens to get some close-ups, Phineas (the cat we recently inherited from my sister because my niece is allergic to him) noticed them too.


And he loves to torture them, sneaking up and scaring them into thinking he's going to have them for dinner.


So they high-tailed it back to safety.


Man and his dog just watched and snickered.


And I didn't get any close-ups. But I did get these instead...






3 comments:

Anna said...

Pretty cute :)

joolee said...

What a beautiful red barn! And the purple flowers accent it perfectly! Love the new header too......you inspire me girl!

Jackie said...

Wow you even have entertainment for your evening meal...fun pics Betsy