Tuesday, June 22, 2010

distracted.

Can you see why I haven't been blogging lately?


Yep, I pretty much can't contain myself when it comes to these chubby cheeks...


I have started plenty of posts, fully intending to finish them. Like this one:

On Sunday we came home from church and slept away the 95-degree afternoon on our king-sized bed, the three of us, under the cool sheets and spinning ceiling fan. Shepherd sleeping peacefully between Winn and me. It took the latter two of us a while to fall asleep because we couldn't stop staring at the former. We're so smitten with that boy.

Or this one:

I think he loves the outdoors already, preferring the stroller or front-pack carrier to any of the bouncy seats or other indoor amenities. I often spend the morning reading in my lawn chair, Shep in the shade beside me. While I was out on a job today, the hammock swing under the maple tree in the arms of his Aunt Peggy was the only thing that would soothe his tummy ache.

But before I can finish writing it, I get distracted by this...


I mean, wouldn't you? I never really understood how fleeting time is until now. I am afraid to go to bed at night because Shepherd is another day older each morning. And what's more, he looks different each day. I want to freeze this moment in time, and yet I'm excited to see what new thing he will do tomorrow.

So I will try, again, to write on a regular basis. But if I'm missing for a while, well, you understand why...

7 comments:

Martha said...

Oh betsy, We miss you but you're right the time goes so fast. He should get your time right now, not us, your faithful blog readers. :)

Carrie said...

Oh my. He looks so very different! I want to see him.

All in a Day said...

This happens to me too. :) Enjoy it; he'll grow all-too-quickly.

Venessa said...

Oh he is just adorable!!! Glad you are enjoying him!

Stacey said...

What a perfect distraction, don't ya think????

breanna said...

definitely excused from blogging! :)

Linda said...

Then they're grown and having babies and families of their own and you are sad because of time lost. But you are so proud of the beautiful woman she has become!