Tuesday, April 20, 2010

tweaking.

Yes, I did a little nursery tweaking already. I wasn't really happy with the look of the ribbon on the lamp shade...



I thought the room needed a bit more color in the corner, so I made this little wallhanging...


I painted an art canvas with some green paint leftover from the dresser, and then I cut a picture out of fabric scraps and decoupaged it onto the canvas...


Plus, I thought an uplight might be better so that you don't have to stare into a light bulb while sitting in the rocking chair. The light was silver, and I painted it a soft blue and rubbed off the edges...





*For those who have asked about the paint color that I used on the dresser, it's called Crushed Oregano, by Valspar.*

3 comments:

Terry Morris said...

Betsy you really are way too talented. I love the wall hanging. what a wonderful place cozy. love angie

Anna said...

Yup, that is better! :) I like it. The art work is really cool.

teamcadwell said...

Your nursery is adorable!!! You do an amazing job decorating!!