Friday, April 23, 2010

survival manual.


This being our first child, Winn and I are both really glad that we took prenatal classes together. I think it helped to prepare us for what to expect during the pregnancy as well as giving us some tools to use for the labor and delivery. But no matter how much planning and preparing you do, there is always some anxiety about the unknown, and Winn is often asking things like "What should I do if..."

So I thought it might take some of the pressure off of him if I made a little booklet (cheat sheet) for him to bring along to the hospital. It has ideas of different things he can suggest to me during different stages of labor, the special instructions for hospital staff that we decided on and included in our birth plan (details like who's allowed in the delivery room), little reminders and love notes, etc. I know, I know, call me anal retentive, overly organized, whatever. Maybe I just have too much time on my hands now that we're in the "waiting stage." (The *official* due date is today!)




4 comments:

Abbi said...

Oh my Betsy! You are organized. That is very sweet too. I hope everything goes very well!

The Rhoderick Family said...

WOW! You have thought of everything! I am sure he will appreciate that when the time comes. Hopefully soon!

Beth said...

This book is the most adorable thing! I am curious to know if it comes in handy! I remember that last month-ish of being prego--nevermind still vomiting every 45 minutes--I remember not being able to be comfortable no matter how I was positioned. And I had 5-pound babies early, so I can't even imagine how "full" you must be feeling! But, as sick and uncomfortable as I was, I would do it again in a heartbeat for another baby. And I'm sure you would/will too! I am so excited for you to meet your new baby--you are going to be such a great mommy!

Allison said...

what a great idea! I bet it will come in handy! (especially the reeses pieces :) )