Saturday, March 27, 2010

random bits of our life right now.

* I think I may have overdone it. I don't know why I decided to rearrange the living room and my sewing area all in one night, the same night that I finished a big two-day job and needed to have all four transcripts turned in, the same night I had to clean, get laundry done, and get ready for weekend guests, and the same night that Winn was away at a meeting. I was on a roll and couldn't bring myself to stop the nonsense and crawl into bed until around 1:30 in the morning. The next day (yesterday) I had a lot of contractions, and today I am really sore. I think I should maybe slow down.

* This morning I made quiche, pumpkin muffins with cream-cheese filling, and fruit smoothies. We chatted around the breakfast table for an hour and a half with good friends. That is my favorite way to spend a Saturday morning.

* My sister Polly is a music major, and tonight we went to her senior recital. She did an excellent job, and she even made this non-crier cry. A couple weeks ago we went shopping to find just the right dress for her to wear. We ended up with a fabulous black number with a cinched waist and slouch pockets and paired it with an oversized pearl necklace with a big flower attached to it. Some black leggings and ballet flats completed the look. She looked radiant.

* Our well quit working last weekend. We were without running water for four days while Winn dug up the pump, replaced all the old pipe and the old pump, tested the electrical and the capacitor and the relay switch and anything else he could think of, only to find out that it was a simple matter of cleaning off the corroded ends of a switch that wasn't working properly. On the bright side, at least he knows the inner workings of our well for future reference.

* I can't believe we'll be bringing home a baby within just a few short weeks...yikes! It doesn't seem possible. Here are a few samples of my maternity pics from a few weeks ago, taken by Krista at The Moments of Life...









3 comments:

krmccord said...

You'd better take it easy, Betsy!! I love your maternity pics! They turned out so cute. Oh, and I can't wait to see some pics of your nursery:)

Esther said...

I love these pictures. You need to post a picture of your rearranged living room, too! Glad you got it all done before it was time to wake up in the morning! We will be up there at the end of June so we will definitely have to get together. I can't believe that you only have a few more weeks till the baby gets here. How exciting. Love ya.

Abbi said...

Fun pictures! I spent a moment studying the pickle one, trying to figure out exactly what it was about. Did you actually ever crave pickles?