Sunday, March 28, 2010

nursery teaser.

I know I've been promising nursery pics to everyone. I will get them posted soon. I'm just waiting on Winn to finish making the curved curtain rods, but he's been very tied up lately with a big project at work, fixing our well, church involvement, etc. I think things will slow down this week, so hopefully I will have something for you soon. In the meantime, I'll give you a little peek at some of the items in the room.

This is my $2.50 thrift store bargain. Kinda nasty, huh?


Nothing a little fabric and cording can't help...


Well, hello, lovely footrest for the rocking chair! Where have you been all my life?


And who doesn't love the half-price sales at Hobby Lobby?
(Unfinished birdhouse: $2.00. Small carved embellishments: $1.50.)


Brush on a little paint, add a bird, and here's what you get...


I thought Mr. Turtle would make a cute footstool after a makeover, and he was only $1.99 at the thrift store...


And these shelves have been in a box, not being used, since our move...


There, that's much better, don't you think?
(Also shown: a little old chair I found in our barn, and a "Happy" sign that I already had that was in need of a paint job.)


And a few of the things I have made are this little stuffed elephant...


A lap quilt for late-night nursing in the rocking chair...


And a knitted crib blanket and blue ruffled slip cover for a throw pillow...


Full nursery tour coming soon!

6 comments:

Andrea S. said...

Everything looks beautiful! I love the thrifted/remade elements. Such a perfect fit for your farmhouse! :) Can't wait to see the full pics!

krmccord said...

Oh, you have been busy! I love the sneak peak and can't wait to see more:)

Stacey said...

I'm so impressed!!! Great job, Betsy. What a lucky baby to get so many handmade things from Momma!!!

Esther said...

Love it. Looking forward to seeing the finished nursery.

Anna said...

You have certainly been very busy. What a lot of fun!

Abbi said...

So cute! I think it will look wonderful!