Saturday, February 6, 2010

Handmade Christmas No. 5: Stenciled T-Shirts


With the recent loss of my mother-in-law, breast cancer awareness has been on our hearts this past year. That is why this gift was probably my favorite project of the season. I started out making one for myself as a trial run, and then I made them for my three sisters-in-law's stockings. I wish I would have remembered to snap a photo of all of us wearing them!

Supplies Needed:
1. Plain t-shirt (pre-washed)
2. Double-sided fusible webbing
3. Fabric paint
4. Small foam brush
5. Card stock

Mini tutorial:
1. Decide on the font you want to use and print your saying onto a piece of card stock.
2. Cut out the stencil using a utility knife.


3. Iron the stencil onto your fabric per fusible webbing instructions, being careful that all edges adhere.


4. Using a foam brush, apply 2 or 3 thin coats of fabric paint, letting it thoroughly dry in between coats.


5. When washing t-shirt, be sure to follow the fabric care instructions on the back of the paint bottle.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh, they turned out cute. Good job!

Jen* said...

I love this! You have given me a great idea for a future Girls' Night project!