Friday, February 5, 2010

couch potato or knitting machine?

All I want to do on these days when I'm not working is sit on the couch with a cup of something warm to drink and knit goodies for our little one. It makes me feel a bit lazy, but I guess I will take advantage of the quiet time while I can. I'm working on a blanket for the crib and have finished knitting two cocoons (one creamy and the other avocado). Since I don't have a little model to go inside them yet, I'll show you the photo that came with the pattern...adorable, right?

Baby Cocoon (Photo and pattern found here.)


Winn has finished skim-coating and painting the nursery and plans to get the trim finished up this weekend. Last night we made a trip to Lowe's for some paint for the crib and dresser. In the meantime, I'm recovering an ottoman for the rocking chair and sewing a linen bumper pad, bed skirt, and curtains. I'll post photos of the nursery when it's finished, but here are some "before" shots (post skim-coating and pre-painting):




And now I'm going to grab my veggie pizza out of the oven and inhale it (as I seem to do with all food these days) and then go for a walk in the snow to get my daily dose of Vitamin D.

I'll see you back here tomorrow for the final Handmade Christmas post!

2 comments:

The Tripletts said...

The cocoon is so cute! I've never seen that before. How much would you charge for one of those?

Stacey said...

Well, look at you go!!! You're just a knitting and sewing crazy woman. Super cute cocoon.