Thursday, January 14, 2010

nursery inspiration.

This morning I sat down with my latte, banana bread, orange, and laptop, knowing full well that I have two transcripts to finish, yet unable to tear myself away from surfing the web for vintage nursery fabrics and paint color ideas. Trying to keep it simple, we've collected a select few items for Wee Cradic's room, including a crib from Craigslist and an old dresser from the thrift store, but I'm finding it harder than I thought it would be to come up with gender neutral textiles.

Being one that likes to prepare, I've been surprised at how not worried I've been about having things ready for Baby's arrival. My sister has given us a car seat and many other goodies, and we registered for some of the necessities like crib sheets, burp clothes, and a stroller, but so many of the gizmos and gadgets out there seem so extravagant that we've decided our strategy would be to wait and see what we need. But then last night when I came home from an out-of-town job to find that Winn had begun the process of skim-coating the nursery walls, I guess it made me kind of excited. Our little one might not have to sleep in our closet after all!

I'll leave you with a few snippets of inspiration I've found so far...

Simple bedding:



A bold piece of furniture:



And a plate rack bookshelf:

3 comments:

Andrea S. said...

Love it love it! Perfect for your "barn house" :) Can't wait to see the finished room!

The Tripletts said...

I can't wait to see what creative touch you put on your nursery!! I love your style!

The Rhoderick Family said...

Cute! I also cannot wait to see the finished product. What a blessed little bundle you are going to have!