Friday, January 15, 2010

hello third trimester.


At 26 weeks I…

* Miss being able to bend over effortlessly

* Have experienced my first excruciating leg cramp (a jump-out-of-bed-and-plead-for-it-to-stop kind of cramp…this might give you an idea of what a trooper I’ll probably be during the actual labor)

* Get winded walking up the stairs (or down them, for that matter)

* Never knew the heartburn would be this bad

* Never knew that having a baby growing inside me would be this cool

* Am ready to splurge on a couple pairs of maternity jeans

* Have heard the baby’s heartbeat!

* Started prenatal classes with Winn (who got to try on the “empathy belly”...hilarious) and enjoyed meeting the other first-time moms (and dads) in the class who are due around the same time we are

* Am doing a bit of sewing and knitting for Wee Cradic

* Think body pillows, Belly Bands, and antacids were genius inventions

8 comments:

Andrea S. said...

Well, aren't you the CUTEST? Definitely invest in a pair of mat. jeans that you LOVE. And wear them everyday, because who cares really? :) I also liked "dressy-ish" pants from New York & Co with elastic waists...they come in LONG sizes and are like wearing sweats. :)

Wish you had posted a pic of Winn w/the empathy belly! hee hee....I'll just have to imagine it I guess.

Betsy said...

I totally took a pic of Winn with the belly on...I just have to get it off my cell phone!

Esther said...

You look fabulous. When I was pregnant, I ate Tums like candy. Can't wait to see the picture of Winn!

All in a Day said...

Wow, you're in the third trimester already!!!??? Eat lots of calcium for the heartburn. :)

Venessa said...

You are just adorable!! ( : Glad things are going well for you!

miranda said...

you look so great! I knew you would be such a cute preggo. It definitely agree's with you. And yes, the picture of Winn is a must see :).

Polly Blanshan said...

You get leg cramps when you're pregnant!?! That's it. I'm not gonna do it. I can handle the rest of the pain, just not leg cramps.

Cherry said...

I sympathize with you on the leg cramps in the middle of the night. I finally stopped hollering for Allen to help since there was nothing he could do :) Sometimes I could feel one coming on and I figured out trying to slowly stretch it out never worked. Actually, sometimes it would go away if I didn't move at all. And then when I got up frequently to use the bathroom I made sure to stretch my legs out.
Keep up the good work taking care of baby!