Saturday, January 16, 2010

Handmade Christmas No. 4: Sweet Stockings

These baby booties were knit for Little Miss Fancy Pants Marryn. I found the pattern online at Knitting Daily. I knit them on Size 1 double-pointed needles, using Panda yarn by Crystal Palace (primarily bamboo fibers but also cotton and a bit of elastic/nylon to give them a little stretch). It proved to be a harder pattern than one would expect out of a little pair of stockings, but after ripping them out and starting over again (and again...), the finished product was irresistible. Wouldn't you agree?

2 comments:

Terry Morris said...

Very very cute!! love angie

Abbi said...

Very sweet! I really want to try knitting socks this year. I found a neat pattern book at the library but decided I had better finish a few other projects first.