Monday, January 11, 2010

Handmade Christmas No. 3: Carry-along Felt Barn

My little friend Ashton (2 1/2 years old) likes barns and, because we have a barn, calls all barns "Betsy's Barn." So for Christmas I came across this nifty tutorial and thought I would make him his own Betsy's Barn. I tweaked it just a bit, making it bigger, giving it Velcro fasteners, and using polar fleece sleeves around the plastic canvas rather than quilt batting. I tossed in a tube of plastic farm animals from Michael's craft store, and here is what came of it...



8 comments:

Andrea S. said...

So clever! I love it. Not sure I'll have the time to make one anytime soon, but maybe someday I can do a firehouse for Paxton or something...

Margaret J said...

I like it so much! It's so cute.

martha said...

Very cute. I like it a lot!

Stacey said...

Well, if that isn't the cutest thing, ever!! Drew's room is farm theme, super cute.

krmccord said...

That is so cute!! :)

jen* said...

This is awesome Betsy! I love how you find such a variety of projects and create them with grace and beauty!

Esther said...

I saw that tutorial one time. I like the changes you made. It turned out very cute.

Anna said...

Very cute, and special to have his own Betsy's barn!