Thursday, January 7, 2010

Handmade Christmas No. 2: Kissing Ball

Bet you thought I had forgotten, didn't you? I almost did. But almost doesn't count. Now that I'm warm and fed and our truck is unstuck (from the snow drifts in our own driveway), I am ready to show you the mistletoe.

I made kissing balls for three friends this Christmas. You hang them in the doorway and you're careful who you are next to when you stop underneath them. ;) It was a fun and simple project, requiring the following materials: 4-6" grapevine ball, red berries and/or other florals, ribbon, and a hot glue gun.






Up next: a travel toy for tots.

2 comments:

Sarah Blanshan said...

We had mistletoe in our house this Christmas also, albeit not homemade. Fun idea. :-)

Ray and Renee Okerman said...

Beautiful!!!

I'm very excited to see your next post too :)