Tuesday, October 27, 2009

no. 64 on my gratitude list deserves a post all his own...

64. A husband who works hard all day and then comes home and helps with dishes and laundry, without me asking him to; who makes me a homemade dinner of sun-dried tomato stuffed chicken, with Parmesan broccoli on the side, because I saw the recipe in a magazine and it looked so good; who works tirelessly on our home renovations on the weekends, not to mention his other responsibilities at church; who suggests that we should carve some pumpkins, just the two of us, and he makes a clever design out of the wart pumpkin while I carve a bat into mine (reminiscent of our encounter with them earlier this year); who takes time for his friends as well, taking a day off work here and there to help them with their home projects or go golfing with them; who is so quick to forgive; who every so often will ask me, "What do you think of the name _____ or _____ if it's a boy?"; who I would marry all over again if given the chance.

11 comments:

teamcadwell said...

awww....so sweet!!! you guys make an awesome couple...and the cutest at that!!

martha said...

Aw, praise God for good husbands!

jessicalolene said...

You do have a good husband...and what about the name Thatcher or Tucker if the baby is a boy?

Abbi said...

Good husbands are certianly a blessing!
Are you having lots of fun with thinking about names? We always took a long time to come to a decision (though we never waited until we were at the hospital) but we had fun in the process.

Carrie said...

And who makes the yummiest caramel corn and isn't a sore loser when his sisters-in-law come over to play Nertz. :)

Carrie said...

And please not Tucker. But Thatcher is cute.

Esther said...

Yea for Winn. What a great guy.

Jen* said...

This is a very sweet post! I like reading your sister's input about names as well. ;)

Peggy said...

My truck is named Tucker!

Beth said...

Aren't sweet husbands amazing? Yours is super amazing! Have fun deciding on names. I don't normally like to hand out advice, because I think that when you are pregnant or have a new baby, people come out of the woodwork and say ridiculous things and give dumb advice.....BUT here I go anyway. As far as names go, not everyone is going to love the name you pick--just remember it's your baby and you two are the only ones who have to like the name!

Derek and Michelle said...

This is a late congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm very excited for you both!