Monday, September 7, 2009

happy birthday, sherill.

Today would have been my mother-in-law's 67th birthday. I wish for just a quick glimpse into heaven to see that sunny smile once again, as they're probably throwing her a party that we could only imagine. We miss her so much. So it is a bit melancholy around here today.

Winn took the day off to work on our never-ending renovations. Today's agenda has included duct work, a trip to the hardware store, and a threshhold for the front door. Meanwhile, I have been doing a bit of deep-cleaning and making Challah bread.

This weekend we brought in our harvest. There must have been about 50 pounds of red potatoes and loads of carrots and cucumbers, plus a good pile of sweet corn. We've already collected oodles of lettuce, gallons upon gallons of green beans, and a smaller amount of snap peas. The tomatoes and pumpkins are almost ready. Now the freezing and canning begins.



4 comments:

Kalai said...

Thinking of you today as you remember Sherill.

Wow! What a great harvest. I'm amazed! We've been struggling with getting our soil to be nice and healthy...thus hopefully producing better next year!

Ang said...

I love you Angie

Abbi said...

I love your harvest pictures!

It is neat to imagine Sherill with the one who created her and gave her life on her birthday. He was the one who knew she would be born on this particular day far before anybody else did. I am thinking of you.

Cherry said...

My mom's birthday was the 11th and she would have been 65 this year. I can imagine they are enjoying each other's company and are happy they don't have to get any older :)