Monday, September 21, 2009

9 weeks.

Sitting here with my herbal pregnancy tea, a gift from my friend Janet over the weekend, and reading dozens of congratulatory notes from people we love. We've been so overwhelmed by our family and friends' excitement for us. I think that (and the pregnancy tea) has helped to ease the nausea. It seems all I eat these days, be it breakfast, lunch, or supper, is a slice of wheat toast and a piece of fruit. Except for yesterday when Mom had us over for Sunday dinner: BBQ ribs, garlic mashed potatoes, sauteed vegetables, warm Parmesan rolls, and apple crisp. And I was able to eat it without getting sick!

Janet's husband Kevin gave the baby its first Estwing hammer, with a big orange bow around the neck. Of course, Winn thinks he should be able to break it in. They also took us to dinner to celebrate at a new wood-fired pizza place in town. They are such silly good friends, making a fuss over us already.

And then there's my mom (and she already has five grandchildren, mind you) who has already gone shopping for a bag of diapers, two small neutral outfits, four receiving blankets, and a set of bibs. It was exciting to see the newborn diaper, small enough to fit in my palm.

In a while I've got to summon the energy to do some laundry and make a run to town for a box of printer paper, but until then you will find me on the couch for a morning nap.

8 comments:

The Rhoderick Family said...

Congratulations Betsy! That is so exciting! I will be praying that everything goes well. Keep us posted on all the baby news!!!

miranda said...

Yay. First "offical" prego post. I hope your sickie faze doesn't last to long. You are going to be so cute!

Terry Morris said...

Have fun with all that. love you angie

Abbi said...

Betsy,
It is so exciting to hear that you are expecting! I hope you feel lots better soon! God bless you all.
Love, Abbi

krmccord said...

Congratulations!!!! How exciting:)

Cherry said...

Gotta get those naps in while you can! Wouldn't it be nice if you could store them up for later?

Janelle Marie said...

Congrats Betsy and Winn! That is super exciting!

Bonnie Williams said...

Nap away and have lots of little snacks that sit easy on the tummy! We are happy for you!