Wednesday, August 19, 2009

a little bit o' this and a little bit o' that.

**Thankful for a flood of three out-of-town jobs this week after a bit of a work drought.

**Lovin' it that these beauties live right across the road from us and come running to the fence if you approach with an apple or carrot.


**Reading Why You Do The Things You Do, by Drs. Clinton and Sibcy, and learning a lot about my relationship style.

**Watching the flowers bloom that we planted earlier this summer.



**Searching for salsa recipes as we're about to be bombarded with a tomato harvest.

**Discovering new ways to eat cucumbers.


**SO looking forward to Cate, Joel, and Eavan (nieces and nephew) coming on Monday!

**Invited by friends to the PGA Championship, where we were within arms length of athletes like Vijay Singh, Phil Mickelson, and Padraig Harrington (AND I got Lee Westwood's autograph--my bright pink shirt ploy worked!).


(Had to give my right arm for this burger, but of course they wouldn't let you bring food in.)

2 comments:

Niecey said...

The horses are so pretty. That's a lot of cucumbers! We had so much zucchini this year I didn't know what to do with them all! But we did discover lots of new recipes. It's all good.

Jen* said...

Love the list o' goodness Betsy! I agree with Niecey...the horses are beautiful. I love to eat cucumbers with rice vinegar, or in a cheese and basil sandwich. Yum-oh.

I also wanted to say your bangs look great!