Friday, August 14, 2009

king-size retreat.

I asked him would he build us a bed, a big one, where we could dream and love and where we could stretch in our sleep without our limbs hanging off. And we would fill it with pillows and sateen and comfort. And put nothing else in the room except for it, and two large windows that let in the morning sun. And it would be a haven where stress would vanish and the TV wouldn't buzz, only the ceiling fan as it softly spun and soothed, and the world would stay out.

I asked him would he build us a bed, a big one, shiny and dark and majestic. And he, eager to please and to work with his hands, said that he would if I wanted it. And it is beautiful. And I am the luckiest girl in the world, not because of the bed, but because of him.

7 comments:

Abbi said...

Beautiful!

The Rhoderick Family said...

You are one blessed lady! The bed is gorgeous!!!! Enjoy it.

Terry Morris said...

sweet love angie

teamcadwell said...

love it...it looks beautiful!! enjoy!! ;-)

martha said...

So nice! My husband is working on making one for me too. :)

miranda said...

What a beautiful bed! And I think you got a great catch for sure! :) How fun!

Allison said...

I'd have to agree that it is rather awesome! how suiting that it got its own post :)