Monday, August 10, 2009

changes.


I have a new computer, a new web cam. And I have bangs now, and a ponytail, although only a stubble of one. And the garage is slowly getting organized, and the attic cleaned out. And things are quieter now, where the calendar used to be more ink than white. I have learned to say no. And yes.

I am sorry, for expecting too much of Manly, and others too. And I am thirsty for books and words, and for The Word. I am learning. How to garden and how to adopt and how to be comfortable in my skin. And how to feel more deeply, and not to push the feelings aside like a second helping. I am submitting. And I am questioning things I have believed to be true my whole life and, finally, I am not scared to do it, only scared to get it right, because I know everything depends on it.

6 comments:

Derek and Michelle said...

I like your new bangs. Change is always a good thing!

Jen said...

Betsy, I feel strangely similar in a lot of ways. Thinking of you as you work through these changes.

Abbi said...

May God be with you through times of change!

Esther said...

I loved this post. Thanks for sharing. The bangs are cute and I'm so glad you got those highlights!

miranda said...

I always enjoy your posts. Love the new look as well. I hope that through your thirst for the Word that God brings you something new and inspiring and something that touches your heart in a new way.

Allison said...

amen!