I can't believe the month is almost over, but it was fun while it lasted...
* We enjoyed a visit from my old friend/college roommate and her two fun kids, Kylee Paige (shown above, with the flowers she picked for us) and Zane.
* I got some subtle warm highlights in my hair, and my split ends trimmed. I'm still determined to grow it out! (And I have usually caved by this point, so maybe I will actually make it this time...)
* We have kept our vow to give the renovation projects a rest for a couple months, after the frenzy this spring, and I've been reintroducing myself to crossword puzzles and library books while sitting out in the sun.
* Although it's been a little slow lately, I am loving my job (I got to meet a world-reknowned surgeon, a sweet 81-year-old deaf lady, a forensic examiner, and a nutcase all in one week!)
* We're receiving a series of rabies vaccinations, just to be safe. (Still haven't caught our bat, but we haven't seen him in a couple weeks so we're thinking he's a goner by now!)
* We've been playing board games instead of watching TV, and one in particular left Esther and Winn and me laughing until we were crying.
* We spent a couple long weekends away (in Illinois and Wisconsin) with people we love.