Monday, July 13, 2009

busy barn.

We're keeping 'Big Red' busy. This time it was to help our good friends Chris and Rebecca (love them!) welcome the newest addition to their family. Her name is Marryn, and she is a sweet little peanut, as you can see...



Her big brother Ashton is just as cute...




On Friday evening we (about 50 of us) had pink cupcakes and 12 feet of sub sandwiches and lemonade (pink, of course), listened to Miss Debbie sing a beautiful song, prayed blessings over Marryn, and visited outside in the warm summer air, among other things. My camera was missing on the night of the party, so I didn't get any photos. It did, however, show up the next day in my laptop bag (where I had apparently stashed it on our Illinois trip), so I snapped some pics to show you what I did for centerpieces at the five tables. I stole the idea from Tiffany, who used it a few years ago at a baby shower for my friend Andrea. All it takes are some trifle dishes with blue-tinted water, rubber duckies, and fake bubbles (in my case, iridescent Christmas ornaments)...


5 comments:

Andrea S. said...

So cute! I'm bummed you didn't get to take any other pics! What other decorations did you end up doing? The ducks turned out adorable!

Abbi said...

The kids are adorable. I love that top baby picture! Your centerpiece is very cute.

krmccord said...

Cute, cute, cute:)

missicey501 said...

How did you make the fake bubbles??

Betsy said...

The fake bubbles are the small clear Christmas ornaments. :)