Thursday, May 21, 2009

In my blogging absence, I have been...

* Attending a closed captioning boot camp in Ohio
* Transporting wheelbarrow loads of straw from the barn to our garden
* Taking advantage of fewer hours spent freelancing
* Living underneath a huge layer of dust as Winn installs a patio door and a friend installs a bay window
* Enjoying the company of brave visitors who dare to enter this chaotic construction zone, and preparing for more overnight guests this evening
* "Racing for the Cure" with my in-laws, in honor of Sherill
* Working in the yard until dark
* Waking up to sunshine at 6:30
* Sitting and gazing lovingly at the new tile, range hood, and potfiller installed by my oh-so-talented husband in our now almost-finished kitchen
* Taking final exams and writing final papers for school
* Loving the fact that my sister, nieces, and nephew are in town for two whole weeks
* Reading snippets from three good books (The Old Curiosity Shop, The Shack, and Kiss Goodbye) before falling asleep, but being too busy to finish any of them
* Turning the big 3-0 (just yesterday!)

The Kitchen...


Miss Eavan...


For you, Sherill...

6 comments:

teamcadwell said...

I love your kitchen! The black cabinets are fabulous!!! love it!! I would LOVE to do updates in our house...but we aren't planning on staying here...so will live vicariously through your pictures!! :)

Cherry said...

Happy Birthday Betsy! Sounds like there's never a dull moment at your house. It's very cool that you got to run for Sherill.

Allison said...

I, too, LOVE your kitchen! hope to see it in person soon. and happy birthday to you! 30 is a big one and you make it look fabulous.

brentandsarah said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I really like your kitchen! I bet it feels good to have it almost done.

Corene said...

I've linked to your blog before from my cousin Esther's, but not in a while. Today it came up as a suggestion in my google reader, so I stopped by and have to say that I love your kitchen! That potfiller is brilliant! I'll have to ask my hubby for one when we do our kitchen someday :).

Esther said...

Beautiful kitchen. Sounds like you've been busy. Glad you got to see you nieces and nephew.