Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happiness is...


~ Having scrambled eggs for breakfast (now that it's warming up and "The Girls" are laying in full force again), along with some homemade banana bread
~ Watching our tomato plants grow on the kitchen table
~ Discovering that you can buy bags of Groovy Granola from Great Harvest Bread Company
~ Being chosen to participate in the court reporters delegation to South Africa this fall (not sure if I'll be able to go yet, but I would love to!)
~ Starting to read Dickens' The Old Curiosity Shop
~ Moving back out of the guestroom after finishing the skimcoating and painting in our bedroom
~ Being awoken in the morning by sunshine and birds outside the window
~ Ordering a plane ticket for a closed captioning bootcamp next month
~ Working hard outside every weekend and then coming inside for supper and a hot shower and collapsing into bed
~ Winn bringing home Chinese and a movie, after months of being too crazy busy for a date night

(This post is dedicated to my friend Jen and her happiness posts at My Heart is Full.)

4 comments:

Ang said...

those are great things to be thankful for. Soon you can cross of two things on your list of things to do. I hope that you can figure out away to go that is quite an honor. Did you know that Joy is going to go to Africa for four months in July. Guana not sure on the spelling. She has to go for school that should be good for her.

Christy said...

The plants look great...love spring! Also, congratulations on the South Africa thing. Hope it works out!

Abbi said...

Fun post! I might have to steal this idea as well. :-) I am enjoying watching my tomato plants grow as well.

miranda said...

I always love reading these posts... my favorite was your last about your "date" night... we always talk about it, but they are few and far between.