Wednesday, March 11, 2009

these days

We are home for a couple days to grab some clean underwear, attend a couple meetings, and pay a few bills before heading back down to Iowa. Sherill's health continues to decline quickly, and she now spends the day in bed sleeping, hooked up to oxygen and a catheter, with only brief moments of lucidity. But even in the midst of pain, God gives us some highlights to hang onto...

* holding new baby goats in diapers
* catching Winn reading at the foot of his mom's bed
* watching Gary tenderly care for his wife
* eating lots of pie and cookies and sweets from caring friends and neighbors
* seeing my husband hug his family and being grateful for their closeness
* playing tractors on the floor with little Paxton
* celebrating Birthday No. 6 with the twins
* the whole Martin family squeezing into Grandpa's chair
* the never-ending flow of visitors, cards, meals, and flowers, reminding us how loved and admired Sherill is



5 comments:

Derek and Michelle said...

I'm so sorry for everything that your family is going through. I know my mom is on her way up. Our prayers are with your family.

breannabrummer said...

oh my! i didn't realize it would be this fast! praying for everyone continually!!!!!

Ang said...

I love you. I am praying

Peggy said...

Love you Bets. Praying for you.

The Rhoderick Family said...

Wow. I am so sorry that she is deteriorating so quickly. I pray that she is peaceful in her sleep. Keep your spirits up.