Thursday, February 12, 2009

down home on the farm.

roof renovation


I know I've said this before...but we have the greatest friends in the world. We really do. Not only are they super-fun and creative and always willing to lend a hand, but they're also the kind that will come over for a visit and end up staying for ten hours, just hanging out with us. I love that. I learn a lot from them. I enjoy them. I'm comfortable when they're near.

On Saturday such friends came over for the day. In the morning, after showering and sweeping, I brewed some coffee and donned my new apron (handmade by my darling and talented friend Rebecca) and began making brunch for the crew of eleven. On the menu: artichoke cheddar quiche, pumpkin cream muffins, almond pastries, smoked sausage, and an assortment of fresh fruit.

After the gang arrived and we ate, Amos and Chris headed outside to help Winn hang the steel on the barn trusses. Meanwhile, the gals hung out inside, gabbing, drinking coffee, and working on our various artistic endeavors (knitting and quilting and the like). Even the kiddos brought felt projects to work on and Lego kits to build.

The guys came in at dusk, and we had a Pikes Peak roast and potatoes and hot rolls for supper, with Tin Roof Sundae ice cream for dessert. It was around 10:00 in the evening before we said goodbye. And then we went to bed, feeling happy and grateful for those nine beautiful souls who make our world so much richer.

No comments: