Friday, January 9, 2009

blessed

This morning I slipped Winn's boots on and Sajak and I headed out to check on the girls. To our surprise, they are still sporadically laying eggs, in January. Winn has fixed an insulated box for them to keep warm, but they came hurrying up to me when they saw I had brought a pail of table scraps along. It is so still out here in the country, and I like the crunching sound that accompanies my walk to and from the barn. The sun reflecting off the white snow makes it so bright that I have to squint until my eyes adjust. As I head back to the house, I wonder again at how blessed we are to have a place like this.

I grabbed my camera on the way out the door, and these are some things I saw...




3 comments:

jen* said...

I like the views of the snow and your description of the stillness. I have been thinking of you when I enjoy my coffee with Vanilla Spiced Rum creamer! I hope you are enjoying complete health again very soon.

Esther said...

the pictures of the snow are beautiful. Hope to see your new place next time we are up in MN.

In The Potter's Hands said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures and reminding me of the sound the snow makes as you walk on it! I miss it! Beautiful photography!