Wednesday, January 21, 2009

bad day.



So this morning I was supposed to drop off a transcript at my office on the way to my job...but my printer malfunctioned in the middle of print and I had to leave without it (prayin' for forgiving clients!). So then I was running late. And I forgot my cell phone at home so I couldn't call Winn when I was supposed to call him to meet him somewhere and I couldn't call my sister to find out where to pick her up at school (a wild goose-chase later, I found her). THEN on my walk through the skyway to the courthouse I spilled coffee on myself. And in the middle of a witness's testimony this morning my wireless realtime feed quit working and I had to ask the judge to stop the proceedings while I got it going again.

I thought for certain that was my fair share of mishaps for the day. Nope. Care to guess? A bomb threat. The whole building had to evacuate the premises. Then after we got the all-clear to go back in (after waiting around for a couple hours), I got locked out of the courtroom, which is where my computer was, which is kinda necessary to have in order to provide same-day transcripts to the attorneys each evening (I eventually found someone to let me back in to retrieve it).

Thankfully, tomorrow is a new day.

8 comments:

Ang said...

OH MY!!! That is a bad day. I hope that tomorrow brings you nothing but happiness and sunshine. yes I am a nerd. and proud of it.

Abbi said...

I am sorry about your day! I love your graphic though!! :-)

Venessa said...

This is when you are very thankful for NEW days!! Wow - what a day for you! A prayer for you that today is much,much better! ( :

krmccord said...

Phew! I am glad you made it through that day. At least today is a new day, and I am sure it will be better!! But good luck (just in case you need it!) :)

Esther said...

Wow! Hope you had a good cup of coffee when you got home.

Carrie said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! But next week you get a few days off and a new niece. Does that balance it out? Hope today is better!

Minkydo said...

Oh goodness!! (((Betsy))) Praying that today goes much better.

Allison said...

oh wow, that IS a bad day-! glad today is super sunny and warm for you to have an extra wonderful day to make up for it! and the comic is super funny--very fitting.