Sunday, December 7, 2008

tomorrow

I'm excited to meet you.

I have your room all ready. I washed your sheets and carefully made your bed. I swept and dusted and even rearranged so that it's different, so that it's yours. I hope you like it.

I wonder if you'll like legos or lincoln logs or videogames. I wonder if you'll like Cheerios or Kix or Frootloops. I wonder if you'll like to read or if you'd rather play outside.

I wonder what you look like and how tall you are and whether you had a nice birthday yesterday. Eight-year-olds should have nice birthdays.

I know you'll be scared. I am scared. I wonder if you'll like us, if you'll like it here.

I wonder what challenges we'll face together, what new things you will teach us.

I wonder if you, too, will quietly sneak into the crevices of our hearts...

7 comments:

Andrea S. said...

Congrats! I hope it goes well. :) I'm sure he (or she, i think he) will love it with you guys...even if he doesn't show it right away. :)

Esther said...

Any child who is place in your and Winn's care is tremendously blessed. I hope everything goes smoothly.

The Rhoderick Family said...

That is so exciting. I have an 8 year old, so if you ever need a listening ear...I am here. :)

Ang said...

i am so excited for you two. I can not wait to get a call and have to clean the room again. Hopefully soon. Hurry hurry wait wait wait. lol

Britt said...

Praying for you =-)

In The Potter's Hands said...

You two are truly doing a tremendous thing! We'll be praying for all of you!

Peggy said...

Oooh Betsy, you are so cute. :)
When can I meet him too?