Saturday, December 6, 2008

ran out of propane

I am wearing warm clothes and a hood and a vest, two quilts and a pair of slippers, with a space heater at my feet. I'm huddled in the living room with my homework, and my fingers are a bit stiff and purple as I'm trying to type on my laptop. I am usually still cold in 70 degrees, so you can imagine how thrilled I am with this 56 degrees. I'm thinking about going to fetch a pair of mittens and a hot cup of tea. Or I might just go to bed. Where there's a heated mattress pad and lots of quilts waiting for me. Yes, I think I will. I only got five hours of sleep last night anyway.

4 comments:

The Rhoderick Family said...

I am so sorry you are so cold!!! We have a propane tank too and yes, we've run out. It was awful and with 3 little boys to keep warm it was even worse. Stay Warm my friend!!!

All in a Day said...

Brr...that's never fun! We had that happen once last year. There actually was propane in the tank, but it was so cold outside that it froze in there.

Minkydo said...

Brrr.... My office area where I study and play has been at 58° all night. Of course, I only have the thermostat set on 64° and this part of the house hasn't been winterized completely.

Hope you are warmer today!

Esther said...

Hope you get warmer soon!