Wednesday, December 10, 2008

fifteen minutes of fame

I just wanted to brag on my Aunt Suzanne and Uncle Jon, who are part of the Grand Forks Symphony and had the opportunity to perform with Michael W. Smith on his Christmas Concert Tour last week (apparently Melinda Doolittle and George Huff, from American Idol, are on this tour with him as well).


And my brother-in-law Roger made the news when he and his fellow soldiers returned home from Saudi Arabia on Sunday. In this video clip he is the first soldier shown talking to the camera (with the name "Howard" on his uniform), and he's the first one shown waving when he steps out of the plane. You can also catch a short glimpse of my sister Carrie (in a black coat) holding my nephew Joel (in a yellow coat) to the right of the screen at the very end of the clip when the reporter says the words "there really is no place like home for the holidays."

A bit of limelight is always fun.

4 comments:

Ang said...

How cool is that. Did they play at your wedding? thanks for sharing that video of Roger nice to see him safe and sound.

me said...

Yes, they played in the string quartet at our wedding.

breannabrummer said...

oh man! the video won't play for me! bummer!

In The Potter's Hands said...

I love seeing soldiers reunited with their families! Especially ones I know. Thanks for sharing that!