Monday, November 10, 2008

first snow

Well, it happened. It is gone now, but it will be back before we know it...


I stopped at Fleet today and got a heater for the chickens' waterer. The poor girls' drink had frozen over. Winn is still working on the trusses for the barn roof. In between working on the two new bathrooms upstairs, helping friends with projects, saving the world from thyroid cancer, and doing his homework. We're hoping to get everything finished within the next couple of weeks so that we can park the truck in there for the winter. It will be an interesting winter without an attached garage. But people used to do that in the olden days, didn't they? We had someone out here to begin the planning for the garage/addition project in the spring. It has been a challenge to design something that works with our home's 1920s flair, but we're having fun dreaming.

PS: I bought gas for $1.96/gallon today!

5 comments:

The Rhoderick Family said...

Brrr! Your feet look cold! I am not quite ready for snow yet. It is getting really cold here though in St. Louis. We have officially pulled out the coats!

Esther said...

the snow is beautiful

Venessa said...

Ok, so I learned that I must be living in the olden days... we don't have a garage to park our cars in! ( : We still do the ice scraper thing! ( : We haven't gotten snow here yet and I was sure we would have some before Thanksgiving, but now I am not so sure. Have a great day!

Ang said...

Wow all that work when do you all have time to play. Is it really wise for you to be standing in the snow with those kind of shoes on or does that thing just affect your fingers? oh and the snow is so pretty can't wait to see the first real snow

me said...

You're right, I really shouldn't. The Raynaud's affects my toes too. But I didn't expect it to snow! :)