Thursday, October 30, 2008

game face

We kicked butt in volleyball tonight (okay, actually we won best out of three, and they were all close games). I think we won because of our intimidating game faces. Since we knew the other team, we thought we'd come looking like this...brace yourselves...




We had our good friends Amos and Julie & Company over for dinner on Tuesday. They have four awesome kids who are some of the most respectful and creative and fun people I have ever met. We're wondering how you raise kids to be as sweet as they are (and four of them at that!), so we decided that if we ever have kids, we'll just give them to Amos and Julie until they're 18. :) The dinner menu was tricky because Julie is allergic to beef, dairy, and garlic (three things that are usually heavily represented in our normal diet), but armed with my favorite Taste of Home cookbook, I was up to the challenge. I had some salmon steaks to use up, and since I had heard they all love seafood, I found this salmon recipe to try (had to substitute with soymilk though). I wasn't sure about the mix of ingredients (brown sugar, seasoning salt, pepper, pecans...), but it turned out to be pleasantly tasty. It's quick and easy, so give it a try sometime.

3 comments:

The Rhoderick Family said...

Sounds delicious! Cute face too! I am sure that was what did it! :)

Allison said...

oooh I'm intimidated and I'm only seeing a picture! I can't believe the pure fright you guys infused in your opponents. perfect for this time of year! :)

jessicalolene said...

Sounds good to me. J actually had salmon steaks grilling when I got home from work the other day. Yummy!! Grayden, J and I love them. Ben had macaroni. :)