Monday, October 13, 2008

couch facelift

We had a long week and an exhausting weekend. I collapsed on Sunday afternoon and didn't wake up until 5pm, at which time I scrambled to get my homework done and turned in online. I finished it just an hour and a half shy of the midnight deadline. This morning I woke up all congested and puttered around the house all day, trying to recuperate, drinking lots of tea and juice, not getting much of anything done. This evening we went to Grady and Allison's house, our new Canadian friends who just moved here from Germany, and celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving with them and another couple. The dinner resembled an American Thanksgiving, with turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberries, pumpkin pie, the whole works. We had a grand time, despite my drippy nose.

This week looks to be much calmer than last and a lot slower at work, so I have some plans in the works to get started on a few projects at home:

1} lay out plans for tile mosaic above the kitchen sink
2} clean out fridge
3} make a quick trip to my sister's in Iowa to visit and help decorate their master bedroom
4} start sewing slipcovers for our couch pillows

The old couch in need of a little color...


The fabric for couch makeover...

6 comments:

The Rhoderick Family said...

I hope you start feeling better! Can't wait to see the couch once it has been revived!!! I think it is great the way it is though. :)

Esther said...

The Canadian thanksgiving sounds like it was fun. Hope you are feeling better. I had some 24 hour flu bug yesterday, but feeling much better today. Love the fabric for your couch pillows.

Peggy said...

what day are you going to visit Carrie and how long will you be there?

jessicalolene said...

Which sister in Iowa? :)

me said...

Surprise! I'm coming to redecorate your bedroom, Jess! :) Okay, I'm kidding. But you can come to Carrie's and help us paint if you want...

Britt said...

Ooh, that slip cover looks like it will be very cute! I can't wait to see it :o)

I tagged you .. make me feel less random and weird? ;o)