Saturday, September 13, 2008

where's the beef


We bought a quarter cow this week, so we have ground beef coming out our ears. It's fun to have a supply of T-bones, sirloin, roast, soup bones, you-name-it (as long as it comes from a cow) stashed away in the freezer.

I've been trying to hold off on making any coffee today since I'm meeting my friend Rebecca at a coffee shop this afternoon. It's been a challenge, especially on a chilly Saturday morning when you're doing homework. That kind of morning just begs for coffee. But I will press on. :)

Today I'm playing catch-up, trying to get some assignments turned in before I have to leave for worship practice. I'm playing keys this weekend. Winn is over at Chris's, helping shingle their roof...just a second, I have to go and kill a wasp...

I got him. We have lots of wasps around here. I guess that's typical of these old homes. They get into the holes in the siding where they've blown insulation. Hopefully that will all change when we get new siding next spring. Winn has all the new windows in except for three (and we still have to order the bay window and stairwell window), so things are looking good for a smaller heat bill this winter.

Last night we stayed in for our date night. We made chicken pesto pizza and watched The Office. Funny stuff. There were two parts where we laughed until we cried. I love having that kind of laugh, the kind that's so intense it makes you cry and hurts your stomach and leaves you gasping for air. You just feel whole afterwards. I especially love having that kind of laugh with Winn. His laugh gets kinda raspy and he turns all red, and it makes me laugh even harder. Who says staying home isn't fun?

5 comments:

Britt said...

Holy moly that's a lot of beef!

I'm quite fond of laughing like that too .. except for the asthma attack it gives me :o) It's still totally worth it!

Esther said...

We just had a roast tonight that came from part of a cow that Josh's parents bought. It tastes sooo much better than what you buy at the store.

Sounds like a great date night. Makes me want some of that pizza again.

The K's said...

We used to get quarter cow in GA- yum!
Like the new blog look... it's time for a change on mine too....

Minkydo said...

You've had lots going on lately. Glad you have nearly all the windows in. We did that last winter and I'm hoping it helps.

Love the new template!

Abbi said...

I hope you enjoy your beef. We are getting a quarter in Oct. I am looking forward to it.

Your blog is looking really cute.