Thursday, September 25, 2008

me + warm = happy

I just can't get enough of this incredible weather we've been having! I had to go and sit outside for a bit to warm up this afternoon because it was warmer outside than it was in the house. I don't know what it is about this old house compared to our newer one in town, but we didn't once have to turn the air-conditioner on out here this summer. Sure, it got pretty hot a couple of the days, but mostly it was very comfortable. I don't know if it's the higher ceilings or the wood floors or what it is that helps keep it cooler, but our pocketbook is lovin' it!

Of course, we may be cursing it this winter. That remains to be seen. I suppose I'm going to have to learn to bundle up a bit more. Winn is content with 66 degrees or so, but me, I would keep the thermostat at 78' if it was up to me. Sometimes I try and blame my desire for heat on the fact that I have Raynaud's, poor circulation, a fast metabolism...but the truth is that I just like it nice and cozy and toasty. But since we'll be heating with propane this winter, I'm going to put the layers on and try to be a bit more conservative temperature-wise. Hoodies, socks, and lap blankets, here I come! My poor old slippers are already exhausted from years of traipsing around. I had to cut off the tattered soles because they were so cracked, and now the sole is just made of fabric, kinda like a thick sock. Good ol' slippers.

1 comment:

Polly Blanshan said...

I am in complete agreement with you. My favorite thing in the winter is to curl up under a blanket with a cup of coffee or hot cider. Yay for warmth.