Friday, September 12, 2008

blueberries

My mom gave me a bunch of blueberries, so I've been trying to use them all up. I froze some, and then I pureed some of them and put them in the dehydrator to make fruit leather. I think I dried it for too long, but it was good anyway. But...I think I have discovered the No. 1 reason for owning a food dehydrator. Granola. Yum. I made some the other day out of oats, wheat germ, blueberries, bananas, honey, oil, sesame seed, brown sugar, and raisins. It tastes so yummy with some milk. I'm enjoying a bowl of it for breakfast right now before heading to work this morning. Yesterday was a hit-and-run case that lasted all day, so a nice short one would be a welcome change today so that I can get some other things done. Have a good one!


1 comment:

Esther said...

yummy. I've actually never thought about doing granola in the dehydrator. Sounds fun.