Sunday, August 17, 2008

Workday.

We had a productive Saturday. Our friend Kevin was here to help Winn install the first of our new windows. So exciting! (Winn is on the third one this afternoon, so hopefully by winter we'll be all tight and sealed up.)


My sisters Peggy and Carrie helped me with some weeding, digging, and planting next to the goat shed. We planted some of my favorite perennials, including Russian sage, a hydrangea bush, and some native grasses. Here's a photo of our almost-finished project...



Meanwhile my dad and brother Jimmy were working on scooping hay out of the barn. There was a TON of it, and my dad must have been up there for about ten hours working on it. By about seven o'clock that evening we had a nearly empty haymow.


Even the little ones helped. Here is my nephew Joel hauling sticks to the brush pile in the "trunk" of his ride... :)

3 comments:

Minkydo said...

Whew!! I am tired just reading all that. Joel looks so cute! The flower beds look nice.

miranda said...

I love that picture of Joel. Precious! I am so glad that your family could be there to help all of you guys out! I love hearing the updates.

Abbi said...

Everything is looking very nice! You have had a busy summer!