Saturday, August 30, 2008

two-a-days


We took Jonathan to live with his grandma this morning. But this time it wasn't "goodbye" but rather "see you later." The plan is for him to spend some weekends here to give his grandma a break once in a while. The three of us had a little moving party last night with pizza and a movie. Then we packed up his room, choosing a few things to keep here for when he comes to visit.

I'll have to take over his job of collecting the eggs each day. He would always say, "That's my all-time job!" And he'd run out to the chicken coop and come back in with his hands behind him and have me guess how many we got today. We're up to two a day now. I think that Nora is the only hen that isn't laying consistently yet. She'll have to start putting out or else...well, you know what happens to chickens who don't earn their keep...

3 comments:

Ang said...

that might make Jonathan sad to come and there be one less chicken. You even named her. Oh at least don't tell us when you if you do. I am glad that you two will be in his life. that must make it a little bit easier

Betsy Cradic said...

No worries. We had three eggs today, so she's safe! :) Peggy named them actually--Edith, Nora, and Gibbs (I call her Gibby).

Minkydo said...

I'm glad you will get to spend some time with him.