Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kitchen evolution.

My in-laws were here for a visit last week. Winn's dad, mom, sister Kendra, and her three kids. The weather was perfect, and we enjoyed a few meals out on the deck. Kendra used our wildflowers to create some lovely bouquets for the tables. Jonathan was glad to have Paxton and the twins, Stone and Hannah, around for some company. Sajak is a faithful playmate, but you can only do so much with a kanine companion. I helped the kids set up the tent in the yard to play in. I don't know why everything is so much more fun inside a tent, but it just is.

Gary helped Winn finish installing our kitchen drawers and cabinet doors and shelves while here. I'm happy to report that except for a few odds and ends (valance and mosaic above the sink, potfiller and hood above the stove, tile backsplash, and some trimwork), our kitchen is finally finished! I have been enjoying having everything out of boxes and on the cupboard shelves at my disposal. Last night I made some banana bread and didn't have to dig around in twenty different boxes to find the cinnamon or the right measuring cup.





I can't believe it's already Thursday. We had overnight guests last night who were here for Mayo appointments. Today I have an afternoon job in town and some homework to do. Tomorrow my sister and her two kids are coming from Iowa for a visit. Caitlyn is the same age as Jonathan, and they always play really well together; so he's pretty excited, and every day he announces how many more days are left until her arrival. This morning he's downstairs building a fort in the living room "for when Cate comes."

7 comments:

The Rhoderick Family said...

Beautiful! Those cabinets are just gorgeous! Enjoy your finished "for the most part" kitchen!!!

Andrea S. said...

SO SO gorgeous! I love the black cabinets and the hardware is really pretty too. And of course, you know I'm partial to your sign! :)

Betsy Cradic said...

Thanks for the comments, gals. :)

Andrea, I told you that your sign goes perfectly with the decor!

Ray and Renee Okerman said...

What an absolutely lovely kitchen!!! Must be so fun to cook in :)

Minkydo said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the cabinets.

Esther said...

Your kitchen is absolutely gorgeous. Winn did a great job on the cabinets. Everything just looks fabulous.

Keren said...

It looks really nice :)