Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lessons in carpentry.


Due to a recent change in events, Jonathan is back in our home as of late last night. It was so good to see him again, and he was giddy with excitement as he greeted Sajak, checked out all the changes around here, including the three new chickens and two new barn kittens. He wasted no time in making sure his bed was still there, and he scowled at me for hanging some of my clothes in his closet. :) Tonight Winn is replacing a tread on our stairway, and Jonathan is offering his help at every turn, intent on learning the skills of the trade.

7 comments:

Venessa said...

It is so great what you are doing for Jonathan! I am not sure if I could do it for the simple fact of getting my heart too involved! I do pray that all works out well with it for you! I am sure he is loving the farm scene! ( : I love reading your blog! Even tho I haven't seen you in a very long time this offers a small connection. ( :

Betsy Cradic said...

Thank you--those were nice things you said. Is this Venessa Barber? Great to hear from you!

miranda said...

thanks for letting all of us have a look into your lives. I look up to you a lot for what you are doing in that little boy's life. I know that God is blessing him so much through you guys and I hope that you are feeling Him with you through all of the easy and hard times you will see.

Abbi said...

Have fun with Jonathan! I hope all is going well.

Venessa said...

Yes -this is Venessa Barber ( : And if Jessica is still there - please tell her hello - it has been way too long since I have seen her!

Hester said...

I'm glad Jonathan is back. It sounded like he had so much fun with you and Winn and I know you enrich his life too. Oh and we have the exact same patio table (sorry, ADD moment :) )

Hope your Independence Day is a good one!

Ang said...

I am glad that he is back with you but also sad for the poor boy. I am so glad that he loves you all so much. Must make it a little easier on him.