Monday, April 21, 2008

10 things I love about the Ewings.


1} They do not say "Let us know when you need some help," but rather they say "I am coming over this evening to help. Where can you use me the most?"
2} We'll come home to find that they've gone box-hunting for us and left nice sturdy apple boxes piled in our garage for packing.
3} They come over and pack up our things.
4} They are the kind of friends whom you don't mind to have packing your underwear or finding that your closets and kitchen drawers are not all that tidy.
5} They smile while they're working, and they act just as excited about our new home as we are.
6} Kevin can be trusted with any skilled task and has been indispensable in our farmhouse renovations.
7} The other day Janet hid a box of Milk Duds for me at the job site for when I get stressed out.
8} They will work tirelessly by your side with never a complaint.
9} Their son Ben, an up-and-coming photographer, documents priceless memories of all the workers and the construction.
10} They are still out there working tonight with Winn, even as I am home with a sleeping boy.

3 comments:

Andrea S. said...

I wouldn't believe a list like that about any other family! But, having met the Ewings and spent time with them, I know this list is 100% un-exaggerated! Glad you guys have such great help.

Esther said...

That's awesome. I'm glad that you have people like that in your life.

martha said...

Friends are amazing. I am so excited for you- sounds like things are coming together nicely!