Thursday, March 6, 2008

Long winter.

Winter, I am tired of you. Pack up your clouds and your dirty snow and your depression and go away. Yesterday I loved you. I preached to my husband about how if you didn’t arrive, we could never look forward to the beautiful springtime and budding trees that is sure to follow you. I chided others for being wimps and complaining of your seemingly endless presence, and I admonished them to just enjoy you while you are here, to marvel at your snowfalls and breathe deeply your crisp air. But today I am tired of you.

I am tired of the bulky sweaters that I looked forward to unpacking last fall, and I‘m even tired of my beloved cozy sweats and slippers that I don whenever I get a chance. I’m tired of dry skin and cold feet, of short days and icy steering wheels, of salty roads and winter coats.

Spring, please come quickly.

3 comments:

Esther said...

Or, you can just come and visit me!!! I won't tell you the temperature here, because that would just be mean. :-)

Andy & Jessica said...

My heart is about the same when it comes to this weather. I just need more sunshine....

Betsy Cradic said...

I hear you, Jess. :) I'm so glad it's daylight savings this week!

Esther, I would LOVE to come and visit you right now. Thanks for not mentioning the temp--I'm sure I'd turn green with envy. :)