Monday, March 3, 2008

One thing we've learned...

...is that you've got to choose your battles. Yesterday I was on the worship team, so I had to be at church early for practice, which left Winn at home to get Jonathan ready for Sunday school. Earlier that weekend I had found some pants for him clearanced for $5.00, and when we got home from church on Sunday, I noticed that they still had the tags on. Winn said that Jonathan wanted to keep them there so that everyone at church would know that they were new. Being the wise man that he is, Winn decided that wasn't a battle worth fighting, and one handsome little boy strutted into church on Sunday wearing new pants, tags and all!

(Tug of War: Sajak and Jonathan's favorite game.)

5 comments:

All in a Day said...

I think Winn made the correct choice though there are some at our church that would disagree with me. :)

Minkydo said...

Winn is a smart man :)

Abbi said...

That is funny. My kids haven't ever wanted to do that but they certainly come up with odd ideas as well.

AnnaMarie said...

I love that story, it is so sweet. To be so proud to have new clothes. You are doing a good job guys with your guy. Anna

Betsy Cradic said...

Hi Anna! I saw that you're starting a blog--I'm so excited to be able to keep up with you and your family that way! Thanks for dropping by.

ps - You're in the fashion industry now, ey? :)