Monday, March 10, 2008

Love a good deal.


We found this end table at TJ Maxx the other day for 87.5% off! We wanted a bedside table for the guest room, and this one was clearanced because of a crack in the top. Winn glued the top back together, and voila, good as new! You can still see a little line where the crack was, but I think it adds character to the already aged look of the table.

Tonight while doing Jonathan's nightly "tuck-time" ritual that he loves (where we tuck the covers tightly around him like he's in a cocoon), I noticed that he had set out his clothes for tomorrow on the chair in his room (I usually do this before he goes to bed). I asked him if that was what he wanted to wear to school tomorrow, and he said, "Yep, I just wanted to give you the day off." And earlier when I came home from a friend's baby shower, he and Winn presented me with some flowers that they had picked up for me today. What sweet guys!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

That is a good deal. Love the table!

jessicalolene said...

I love that Jonathan gave you the night off. Sometimes kids do the sweetest things...just to make up for the time they're turds! :)

Christy said...

I'm glad you brag on your deals. It's so fun to bring home a treasure for next-to-nothing...and to see everyone else's.

Abbi said...

That is a neat looking table. I have been thinking about doing some furniture shopping to but haven't gotten around to it. Looking at the ads that come out I get a little scared of by the prices and decide that what we have is really fine after all.
It sounds like things are going well for you all with having Jonathan. He sounds sweet.

Minkydo said...

What a sweet boy! Love the table :)