Tuesday, March 25, 2008

In the words of Gloria Gaynor...


I will survive.

They warned us that it would be extra challenging when foster kids come back from visits with their parents. Boy, were they ever right. I don't think we were quite prepared for just how challenging. Ever since the schoolbus arrived here this afternoon, it has been an exhausting day. It is twenty minutes after nine, and I'm finally getting a chance to eat some supper. It is going to feel sooo good to crawl between my cozy sheets tonight and close my eyes and just breathe...

But until then, I need to finish the things that I wasn't able to get done earlier tonight. For school: study for two exams and write a paper and an article summary. For work: transcribe a long transcript of the deposition of a German fellow from last week (whose accent, not to mention his tendency to slip into German every once in awhile, made it very hard to understand him). On top of that, I need to get the house ready for a showing tomorrow. And poor Winn is trying to stay afloat with work responsibilities, farmhouse renovations, and taking evening classes toward his MBA. I've said this before, but I'll say it again: God has blessed us with really great friends who always seem to be there for us at just the right time.

I love this verse from Psalm 55:22: Pile your troubles on God's shoulders. He'll carry your load. He'll help you out. (Message version.)

The Cradic Inn has enjoyed several guests lately. Winn's bro and his family were here over Easter weekend to help with farmhouse renovations. They left on Sunday, and some friends from North Dakota came on Monday for Mayo appointments. They're leaving tomorrow and will be replaced by my two sisters and their kids who are coming to visit. When they leave, a couple of my childhood friends are coming for the weekend.

3 comments:

Abbi said...

Wow! It sounds like you have a lot on your plate! I like that verse. It is so fun to see how the message puts some of the verses that we have seen all our lives.

Esther said...

Busy, busy. Have fun with your family. Wish we lived closer and could come and help you with your farm renovation.

Carrie said...

We're so happy to help keep you busy! :)